This is something that I have always struggled with.  When I was growing up and playing sports, I always had my dad right there saying "No Pain, No Gain! Let's GO!!!"  This taught me at a young age to not let little pains bother me but instead to work through the pain.  Well there are times that your body tells you it is in pain and if you ignore it is just going to get worse.  About a week and a half ago I started to feel a little bit of pain in my left hip, I didn't think much of it.  Well last week the pain got worse, it was occurring in every workout I was doing and was especially painful when I was running.  I decided to take a few days off boot camp and rest.  Well on Saturday my hip was feeling really good and so I decided that I would attempt my half marathon training run on Sunday morning for 10.1 miles.  Well my body quickly told me on Sunday that it did not appreciate what I was doing to it.  I walked a majority of my "run" and I didn't feel as good as I would have liked after completing 10.1 miles.  I am going to see the doctor here in a little while to hopefully find out what is going on.  A new development is that this morning my left knee also started to bother me.  I am feeling a pulling pain from the back of my knee to the bottom of my left butt cheek.  Then I have the throbing pain from my hip when I am just sitting at my desk or while driving.  This pain has got to stop and I have got to start listening to my body more.

Here's to hoping the doctor can figure out what is wrong with my hip/knee and tell me what I can do to have it heal faster - half marathon is in 20 days!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Like any girl in her 20's it can be a very challenging time...there are many things that come up in your 20's that you have no control over and at times it is extremely difficult to stay positive. For myself, I have graduated from college, started a job, been laid off from a job, been unemployed for 6+ months, started a new job, had a couple relationships, and let friendships fizzle away as well as have new ones blossom. Throughout all of this my main focus has been to try and stay positive that what happens in my life happens for a reason. I am slowly learning to take the bad with the good and the good with the bad.

Followers