Well after a whirlwind of an adventure trying to find out where my doctor was (was sent to three different offices before I finally got to the one he was working at) I received my diagnosis......a minor stress fracture. When I was told this my heart sank because I know that I have my ING Half Marathon coming up in 20 days and I need to be healthy for it. He told me the only thing that can be done for a stress fracture is rest. So I have been ordered to no physical activity for 2 weeks and then I was also prescribed a pain medication/anti-inflammatory to take twice daily. I am praying that my hip gets better quickly because I have been excited about this race since I registered for it back in November. I am going to complete this half marathon even if I have to walk the whole damn thing!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment