You never realize how much you value sleep until you don't get it very much.  This morning I overslept my Boot Camp alarm (4:50am) and ended up sleeping until Wayne's went off around 7:30am.  It felt so nice to sleep "in" because it is something I haven't gotten to do a lot lately.  With having Boot Camp Monday-Friday and getting up anywhere between 4:15 and 4:50 (depends on if I go for a 3 mile run prior to Boot Camp) and then having my long run days on Saturday and waking up at 6:30am - its nice to get to sleep "in."  The only bad thing is that your body becomes trained to wake up at a certain time and for me at least, won't allow me to sleep past 8am on Sunday mornings.  That doesn't mean I get out of bed, but man I would do anything to be able to sleep until 11-12ish on a Sunday when I have nothing going on.

The other difficult thing with sleep is that if you are waking up early, you need to go to bed early.  Well my schedule is typically that I try to go to bed at 10pm.  I am not very successful with that and it typically ends up being that I get in bed around 10:30-10:45pm and finally fall asleep sometime around 11pm.  What makes going to bed earlier than 10pm challenging is the damn TV.  There are just too many good shows that don't start until 9pm and are an hour long.  Sometimes I wish I still lived in the Central Time Zone because then I wouldn't have to worry about anything, all my favorite shows would be over by 9pm and then I could start to get ready for bed.  Oh well, guess I just need to clear the DVR so that I can start recording these "late" shows and watch them the next night when I get home from work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Like any girl in her 20's it can be a very challenging time...there are many things that come up in your 20's that you have no control over and at times it is extremely difficult to stay positive. For myself, I have graduated from college, started a job, been laid off from a job, been unemployed for 6+ months, started a new job, had a couple relationships, and let friendships fizzle away as well as have new ones blossom. Throughout all of this my main focus has been to try and stay positive that what happens in my life happens for a reason. I am slowly learning to take the bad with the good and the good with the bad.

Followers