Warning - this will be a long post because I need to vent! :P

So on Saturday night Wayne and I had our housewarming party.  We have been living in our new house for just about 2 months (Feb. 5th) and have had things going on basically every weekend, so we felt it was about time.  We invited a lot of good friends to come over and just hang out and play some beer pong.  I was super excited because we really haven't had many people over, but at the same time I was worried because I know how some people get when they drink.  We have hardwood floors on our main floor so I wasn't too worried about things getting spilled because they are easy to clean up - but I was worried about the furniture as we have microfiber couches and cushions on our chairs in the dining room.

It was a typical party at our place in regards to everyone congregating either in the kitchen with the chips and dip, or in the beer pong room enjoying the competition.  Around 1:00-1:30 (wasn't paying too close attention to the clock) it was made very clear that it was time to get Krystal's.  For those of you who have never met Wayne or hung out with him when he gets drunk - he always gets a craving for Krystal's and he will bitch until he gets them.  So myself and a good friend, Patrick, got in the car and went and got 4 sackfulls of Krystal's.  When I get home I notice that some people have left and that we have had some other people arrive.  There was a group of 4 people that showed up while I was gone - 2 guys that I know, and a guy and a girl I didn't know.  All of the guys came up and said hello and introduced themselves.  The girls I never got introduced to and I have no idea why she was there or anything else for that matter.  The way that our house is set up is that we have an open kitchen, into the dining room and that opens into the living room - there are no walls/doors connecting, its all open.  I am hanging out in the kitchen looking out over everything enjoying my nice Vodka Grapefruit, hold the Vodka.  This group of four is standing around the dining room table enjoying drinks.  A little aside - I am not drinking due to the fact that I am on medication that does not allow me to drink, so I had put my grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, and tonic water in a corner and everyone knew not to drink it since that was the only thing I had to drink.  I notice that the girl who I don't know is drinking a cranberry and something drink - which explains to me why I was all out of cranberry when I got back from Krystal's - so she already put a bad taste in my mouth for that move.  Well as I am looking around at everything, I hear someone say "Oh Shit!" and I see a drink all over my dining room table, 2 of my dining room table chairs, and all over the floor.  I then look to see who did it and this girl says "Oops" and walks away while the 3 guys all try to start clean it up.  I am frantic getting over there to clean up because it is cranberry juice and I don't want it staining my new dining room chairs.  I am crawling under the table wiping this stuff up, drying off the chairs, the table legs, everything it felt like.  One of the guys was working on the chair that really got the most of the drink (other than the table and floor) and I go and I get my Resolve (as all clean freaks have that handy) and I tell him that I got the chair.  I am standing there for about 30 minutes cleaning up the chair and trying to get the cranberry/vodka out.  This girl then proceeded to go and make herself another drink and then just come stand behind me.  

Now I am sorry but I was raised that if you spill something you make an attempt to clean it up and you apologize to whomever is around.  Well this girl did none of that.  She did not attempt to clean up at all, she never apologized, and she just acted like nothing happened.  I was fuming at this point.  People were coming up to me asking if they could help, but I was so irate that I told them no, cleaning was the only thing keeping me from punching the shit out of this girl.  I personally believe that it is proper etiquette at a party, restaurant, anywhere that if you spill something, you make an attempt to help clean up, and you apologize - even if you don't know anyone there.  Once I was done cleaning everything up (was able to get the chair cushions clean - luckily) people are asking me what happened and I am just to the point where I am telling everyone that that BITCH needs to leave my house or she will get hurt.  Well Wayne is drunk and didn't see any of what happened (he was playing beer pong) so he is continuously telling me that its okay, no one got hurt, yada, yada, yada and I am sitting here - if he was sober, he would have been pissed as hell as well.  Well I come to find out that one of my guy friends who was a part of the group of 4 was trying to hook up with this girl and that is why he brought her.  He explains to me that she was too embarrassed to say anything and so the 3 guys decided that they would take the responsibility and clean and apologize.  I refused to accept their apology because it wasn't them that spilled the drink - I thanked them for helping to clean up, but I wanted an apology from her.  I have made the decision that she is never welcome in my house ever again.  They ended up not leaving until 3:30 or so and she knew very well that she was not welcome in my home - whenever I came around, she went in the opposite direction.

Those of you who know me, know that when I am either drunk or really pissed off I clean - well I cleaned our entire main floor until about 4:30-4:45am and you would not have known when you woke up the next morning that there had been a party.

Anyways, moral of this post - if you go to a party and you spill a drink - help to clean it up, even if you don't know anyone but the person you came with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Like any girl in her 20's it can be a very challenging time...there are many things that come up in your 20's that you have no control over and at times it is extremely difficult to stay positive. For myself, I have graduated from college, started a job, been laid off from a job, been unemployed for 6+ months, started a new job, had a couple relationships, and let friendships fizzle away as well as have new ones blossom. Throughout all of this my main focus has been to try and stay positive that what happens in my life happens for a reason. I am slowly learning to take the bad with the good and the good with the bad.

Followers