This past weekend I went to Cataloochee, NC (Maggie Valley) for a weekend of snowboarding fun with good friends. We left on Friday evening after work and got up there around 9pm (3 hrs or so from Atlanta) and we unpacked and then pretty much just went to bed. We got up really early on Saturday morning and headed out to the slopes. There were seven of us total: Kyle, Geneva, Pat, Ashley, Russ, Wayne and me; and there were 6 snowboarders and one lone skier. Russ and Wayne were definitely the most skilled in the area of snowboarding, then it was Pat, Geneva, and me (in that order) that knew what we were doing but we still had blips every now and again. This was Kyle's first time ever standing on a snowboard and I was really impressed - the first time I ever went snowboarding I was lucky to go 2ft but his first time on a board he went over 10ft. Ashely was our loan skier but we all still had an amazing time. We kinda separated into groups during the day on the hill so that some weren't slowing others down. Since it was a holiday weekend there were a lot of larger groups there - 75% of them had NO CLUE what the hell they were doing out there so it became a lot more challenging towards the end of the day to dodge the mass amounts of people laying on the hill. When we finished we all went back to the hotel and hung out in the hot tub before going to Arf's for dinner. After dinner we all went back to the hotel and started playing drinking games. Even though I don't drink, I had a lot of fun watching everyone else get pretty tanked and make fools of themselves. I actually managed to somehow fall asleep during all of the commotion during the last drinking game. When we woke up on Sunday it was raining so we decided to just take it easy and go get a nice breakfast across the street at Joey's Pancake House (amazing!!!) and then drive home. Then last night Wayne and I took it easy and watched the American Idol auditions from last week that we had DVR'd. All in all, it was a very fun weekend and I hope to have another one like it before the end of snowboarding season (March).
0 comments:
Post a Comment